My primary scholarship interests are in pre-service teacher development, literary acquisition, literacy assessment, international education, Transcultural children’s literature, and action research. The following are some of my publications:
- Beaty J. J. & Pratt, L. (2011) Early Literacy in Preschool and Kindergarten: A Multicultural Perspective, 3rd Edition. Columbus, Ohio Pearson Education, Inc. (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-705698-9, ISBN-10: 0-13-705698-2).
- Pratt, L. and Pratt, M. “Was Mark Twain a Naturalist.” In C.A. Lassonde New York State Grade 7, English Language Arts Test (2010). Barron’s Education Series, Inc. New York. In production.
- Pratt, L. and Pratt, M. “Fossils and Earth’s History.” In C.A. Lassonde New York State Grade 6, English Language Arts Test (2008). Barron’s Education Series, Inc. New York (ISBN -13:978-0-7641-4030-3).
- Pratt, L., Weiss, K. J., and Maina, F. “Becoming a Teacher Researcher: Part Opener and Case Study.” In C. A. Lassonde and S. E. Israel (eds.), Teachers Taking Action: A Comprehensive Guide to Teacher Research (2008). Newark: International Reading Association (ISBN 978-0-87207-463-7).
- Pratt, L. and Weiss, K. J. “Student Teachers, Teacher Research and Ethics.” In S. E. Israel and C. A. Lassonde (eds.), The Ethical Educator: Integrating Ethics within the Context of Teaching and Teacher Research (2007). Peter Lang, New York (ISBN 978-1-4331-0159-5).
- Beaty, J. J. & Pratt, L. (2007) Early Literacy in Preschool and Kindergarten: A Multicultural Perspective, 2nd Edition. Columbus, Ohio Prentice Hall (ISBN 0-13-238295-4).
- Beaty, J. J. & L. Pratt. (2007) Instructional Manual and Test Bank to accompany Early Literacy in Preschool and Kindergarten: A Multicultural Perspective (2nd edition). Saddlewood, NJ: Pearson Education (Prentice Hall/Merrill). On-line
- Beaty, J. J. & Pratt, L. (2003) Early Literacy in Preschool and Kindergarten. Columbus, Ohio Prentice Hall (ISBN 0-13-014828-8).
- Pratt, L. & Beaty, J. J. (1999) Transcultural Children's Literature. Columbus, 0hio. Prentice Hall. (ISBN 0-134328167).
- Pratt, L. (1996) "Dialogues about Literacy Education in Russia." The Language and Literacy Spectrum, a Journal of the New York State Reading Association. Troy, New York. 6, Spring 1996.
Also, I am currently an Editorial Board Member. Excelsior: Leadership in Teaching and Learning. New York State Association of College for Teacher Education (2007-present).